Friday 30 January 2015

[Straits Times] Bouquets

Duo saved husband's life

ON SUNDAY evening, my husband was playing football at the field at Bedok South Secondary School when he collapsed and became unresponsive.

People came to his aid and two of them, Military Expert 2 Gerald Tan Sheng Hong and Master Warrant Officer Royston Low, successfully resuscitated my husband using cardiopulmonary resuscitation and an automated external defibrillator.

The doctor at Changi General Hospital said the duo's timely application of their life-saving skills kept my husband alive until the ambulance arrived.

My husband is now under observation in the Intensive Care Unit. I thank ME2 Tan and MWO Low for bringing him back to me. My family and I are extremely grateful to them.

Rina Pee Ai Li (Ms)





Help in finding reckless driver

ON JAN 17, I was being driven along Bukit Timah Road towards Sixth Avenue when a Comfort taxi cut into my lane, causing damage to my car. Instead of stopping to check, the taxi driver sped off. My driver gave chase but could not catch up with the cab.

A civic-minded driver, Mr Ray Tay, who was behind the taxi taped the incident using the video camera in his car. He signalled to my driver to stop, and told him he would pass us the clip. Without his help, we would not have been able to identify the culprit.

I thank Mr Tay for his civic-mindedness.

Philip Soh Sai Kiang





Cabby returns important ring

LAST Saturday, I boarded a cab to my friend's house for lunch, and did not realise I had dropped a ring I was wearing until midway through the meal.

The ring was of great importance to me, as it was one of the few items my mother had left me more than 50 years ago.

When I got home, I called up Comfort, giving details of the pick-up and drop-off points and the time of the journey. I was told that the cabby would be asked to check.

The next morning, the ring still could not be found. Perhaps a passenger had taken it.

To my surprise, I received a call from the cab company saying cabby Yap Kok Hwa had found my ring after checking his vehicle again. He returned the ring to me at the lobby of my building. His honesty and care made an immense impact on me.

Teh Saw Im (Miss)