Saturday 28 March 2015

[Today] Lee Kuan Yew reassured, inspired

I lost my father in December 2013. It was a difficult time, as he had always been there for my family. So, I can relate to what Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is going through.

And the passing of a great man such as Mr Lee Kuan Yew is like losing one of our own.

He had been with us for as long as I can remember, reassuring us whenever there were doubts, inspiring us to do better in our lives.

I grew up watching him and understanding where he was coming from; when he spoke, one listened. Through the critical years, fraught with danger, he never wavered in his quest.

I always respected what he had done to help us transform from a backwater to a metropolis. This made it possible for us to rise up, and we must build on that.