Friday 27 March 2015

[Straits Times] Bouquets

Good Samaritan on expressway

LAST Friday, at about 5.30pm, I was driving on the East Coast Parkway towards Changi Airport when one of my tyres had a puncture.

I pulled over along the road shoulder.

A Borneo Motors mechanic named Ah Fatt happened to be passing by at the time and stopped his motorcycle to offer a hand.

He changed my tyres - using my spare one - and with his help, I was able to drive off safely.

I thank this Good Samaritan; Borneo Motors should be proud to have such a kind and helpful employee.

Peggy Chen Pei Chi (Ms)

Stranger's effort to locate lost friend

I WISH to commend Mr Ang of Moh Seng Construction who took time to help my friends and me locate another friend who had lost his way while jogging at Punggol Waterway Park.

We approached Mr Ang, who was driving his lorry at the time. He told us that our friend could have gone over to Hougang. We were hoping he would return, but more than 30 minutes passed with no sign of him.

To our surprise, Mr Ang then came around in a buggy and one of us hopped on. Our friend eventually found us after getting very lost in Hougang.

I tried to contact Mr Ang's company but could not reach anyone.

We are very touched by his kindness. We need more people like him in our nation.

Thng Lay Choo (Madam)

Touched by Sheng Siong's kind act

MY SISTER and I lost our father to cancer on March 6.

During the wake, which was held at Block 25, Teban Gardens Road, we ordered cartons of mineral water from the nearby Sheng Siong supermarket at Block 61.

The supermarket's supervisor could have observed that my cousins and I were in mourning attire.

She handed us $100 in condolence money on behalf of Sheng Siong and asked us where the wake was, so that our orders could be promptly delivered.

On behalf of my family, I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to Sheng Siong's management for its compassion and kind gesture, which brought us consolation in our time of grief.

Celine Chua Le Xuan (Ms)